dear o dear! me causing jam on the road, and appreciation to the guy who offered help
I took leave for it's near chinese new year, and thinking of settling some banking transactions. I stepped into my car in the morning starting my journey, but I felt something not right when i started my engine. I sounded like the battery was weak. I didn't bother much about it and just went off to the first bank that I needed to do my banking transaction.
When i have done the transaction, i went back to my car and wanted to drive to another bank in another location. I started the engine and the battery weakening sound was still there. This time I was worry. In my mind, i got to send this beloved car to the workshop after I have done this second banking transaction, else I will have problem during the long CNY break.
Half way to the second bank, my car's engine went dead while I was in a queue in front of a traffic light and it refused to restart. I had no choice to let it stayed on the road and called for breakdown service. I had to wait at that spot for the service mechanic to arrive and it took him more than an hour to arrive. Apparently he was not very well verse of the place, although I was at a very well known area in town. I guess he was new to this town.
Well, for the 1 hour that I was waiting for the mechanic to arrive, I can see cars coming and a long queue started to build behind me. Due to the hot weather I had to stand outside of my car and got some "sun tan." Dear, what a day and i am causing a jam on the road, i was thinking. I hate this kind of situation when other people or car causing a jam this way, but I am the one causing it now. At times, I felt embarrassed and sorry cause i was causing the jam. On the other hand, I also felt lucky as there was not a lot of cars on the road since that was two days before CNY and most people actually went back home town.
One guy saw my situation and wanted to offer help. I really appreciate his action of offering help, but I turned him down since my breakdown service was on his way. But in these days, there are still people offering a help even though they don't know you at all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home